Thursday 2 February 2017

IMPERFECT ME!

EPISODE 1
The people were full of joy as Rachael led the praise, members danced happily raising chairs and flying their white handkerchiefs, the pastors were ecstatic, leaping in a circle and some danced round the church, it was the end of the month thanksgiving and many were dressed in their native attires dancing their cultural dances and yes when you talk about dynamism, you should call Rachael. She sings perfectly in all the dialect and you would not know which one she really is. Everyone loved and sang her praise, she has the voice of an angel that has a soothing effect on a weary soul.
“My God sister Rachael, I was really blessed by your ministration today, may the Lord increase your grace and anointing.” Elder Mofe’s wife said.
“Thank you mummy, Glory be to God!” She replied humbly.
“You are every mother’s dream of a daughter in-law; you are smart, anointed, beautiful and still very humble. If my son were not engaged, I would not have hesitated to hook you up.” The woman said sadly.
“Haa! Mummy, I am very humbled ma but Esther is very lovely and I think they are good together. I can’t wait for their wedding day; I even have a special song to sing for them.” She said hoping the woman drops the talk.
“Oh! My dear, you see why I love you? You have the heart of Gold.” The woman said not relenting and Rachael prayed for a distraction and yes it came.
“Mama you look so beautiful today, this jewelry must have cost a fortune, see how elegant it is on you, daddy must be proud of you.” Michael said holding the woman who was smiling satisfactorily.
“Michael you have come with your flatteries right? You should hurry up and tie the knot and redirect these compliments on your wife.” She said blushing like a teenager.
“Hahaha! Yes mummy, you are right?”  Rachael said happily because the attention was not on her anymore.
“Mummy, I think daddy is waiting for you now.” Michael pointed towards the exit so as to escape her whims. They said good bye to the woman and Rachael turned laughing at him.
“What’s funny now? I don’t know why that woman can’t stand to see a bachelor or spinster, she wants to get everyone married and I am not ready for her talks today, I was coming to save you only for her to turn it on me.” He complained as they walked out of the church.
“Oh well, thanks for saving me, she was wishing I were the supposed daughter in-law but Esther is best for her son. I am still enjoying my spinsterhood, I have dreams you know?” She said dreamily.
“Sure you do but you have to start thinking about it too, everyone is proud of you, I am proud of you too you know?” He said smiling down at her and she smiled back.
“At least you have Leah, and you guys suit yourselves… Now where is she self, we have some unfinished business to talk about.” Rachael asked looking out for Leah and she sighted her.
“Okay, I guess we will see later, let me catch up with her.” Rachael said waving him and walking towards Leah with a bright smile.
Michael watched as the ladies exchanged hugs and smiled to himself; they were two special ladies in his life. Rachael was and will always be his best female friend, she was lovely and caring and in this town she was the younger sister he never had and her parent loved him equally.
He heard their laughter and he remembered how everyone used to think he will end up with Rachael but then Leah came into the picture, she was talented, loving and she seem to have experience in ministry, she will make a good pastor’s wife, he watched her carefully and asked questions, she had gotten a job here and her family were far away but they were making arrangement to go pay her parent a visit. Rachael surprised everyone by her maturity, he felt the sting of guilt but ignored it, after all she was still his friend and Leah loved her equally.
“So I will see you guys later, mum wants me to make her hair this afternoon.” Rachael said hugging them.
“Okay love, don’t forget what we discussed, I will give you a call tomorrow.” Leah called after her.
“Sure I won’t. Now am going for real.” She said and waved them good bye.
“Hmmhmm!” Leah cleared her throat to bring Michael’s attention back to her.
“Hey! Let’s go right?” Michael asked.
“Yes and I don’t know why you looked lost as you watched her go. I know that lady is sweet and everyone loves her plus yes, she is your best friend but I am your fiancée, don’t get me wrong, I like her alright but sometimes I just get jealous and I keep wondering why you are so fond of her.” Leah complained.
Michael could not believe his ears. “Leah why are you saying all these? In case you did not know, Rachael has always been around but it was not her I chose, it was you. Now why are you feeling in secured huh? You don’t make me happy when you talk that way. What I have with Rachael is just friendship in a brotherly way. I love you and you must not doubt it.” He said and Leah sobered up.
“I am sorry, I have really been through hell in past relationships and I can’t afford heartbreak, it will kill me this time around.”
“Hey! God forbid. You won’t die and no one will be breaking anybody’s heart here. “He opened the door of the car for her to enter and he turned round and entered the car. He took her hands in his and looked into her worried face.
“Baby, I love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you, I want you to be the mother of my kids, and you know how much I fantasize about them. Fine, before you came into the picture, I was somehow infatuated with her but then she brought me back to my senses, romantic love with Rachael just would not work and can’t you see how much she loves you.”
“Yeah, she does.” Leah answered weakly but her mind was in disarray, she has not yet brought herself to tell him the whole truth about her past. What would she do if he finds out and decides he cannot live with it?

Questions?
How much information do you tell your partner about your past during courtship?
What is your take on having the opposite sex as your best friend even when you are in a relationship?

Watch out for the next episode.
RadiantPheobe © 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment