Monday 13 February 2017

IMPERFECT ME 12

EPISODE 12

When Rachael fainted, her father was on his feet to her side immediately. There was chaos in the office. Michael who had been eavesdropping entered and he was by her side the next minute, a bottle water was opened quickly and sprinkled on her face when she winced, they put on the fan, though the AC was on  and allowed her some space.

The only woman present Deaconess Deborah knew it was not as bad as the men thought. Rachael’s father was sweating and very confused.
“She is fine, what has she eaten today?” She asked the dad.
“I am not sure she ate well, her mother had been complaining that she stopped eating, all she does is cry. Rachael you had better be fine.” Her father said wiping a tear from his eyes. He could not lose her, he knew how much he suffered before she stayed, he lost other babies through mysterious miscarriages and she was the only one they had.

“Rachael please open your eyes. I am sorry okay, please forgive me, just open your eyes, I know I have been selfish and stupid but now is not the time to die. You will be fine okay. Rachael!” Michael said kneeling beside her and patting her cheek slightly. Her eyes fluttered open and her throat felt glued together, she was trying to make sense of the scene before her.

“Michael!” She managed to say, then as if something hit her, she gathered her energy and pushed him.
“Get away from me, don’t touch me!!!” She said crying.
“Baby are you okay?” Her dad asked.
“Daddy I am sorry.” She cried and he hugged her and they wept together.

Michael was so hurt and embarrassed; He excused himself and walked out of the office. How did a loving friendship become a monstrous one. She did not even trust him to hold her even in the presence of everybody, how will he now survive with her for the rest of his life. She hated him and it was not totally her fault, he was overcome by emotion, Leah frustrated him and there was the issue of her sensual voice coming from his kitchen and yes all that was male in him answered the call even when his heart warned against it.
“God you just have to help me, I am losing my mind.” He said bowing his head in his sitted position.

Rachael’s father came out and saw him sitting at the back of the church looking like a lost man. Despite the hurt he felt, he knew good will come out of this union. King David had done worse than the young man but God had mercy and compensated them with Solomon. He sat beside him and Michael looked up to see who it was.
He was already half way up to greet the elderly man when he stopped him.
“Don’t bother, sit down let me talk to you.”
“Okay sir.” He said and gulped.
“Michael I must say I was hurt when I heard what happened but then the deed has been done. I am sorry Leah left but I wish I had been much forward, I don’t think we all will be in this mess. You remember I once asked you why you were always hanging around my daughter and you claimed she was just a friend. I gave you an opportunity to talk but I guess you missed it. Michael you know how you met my daughter, I have forgiven you but I promise you, if you hurt one hair on her head again, you will not like what I will do to you.”
“But sir…Let me finish.” He interrupted.
“Rachael is a stubborn girl and the scene we just witness confirmed a lot of things to me. My daughter loved you, I am not so sure if she still does, she feels very hurt now and I know it’s not going to be easy but both of you know the basics of what a Christian marriage is, promise me you will take care of her for me. You know I have the capacity to take care of the unborn child but I believe both of you are just hurting, you will eventually find yourselves again.” Her dad said.
“Sir I don’t think Rachael will ever agree. She can’t stand me close to her, how do I cope with that. Sir Rachael had a special place in my heart, I cared a lot about her but I did not think things will get this ugly between us and these past months has been the worse for me, how then do we live together?” He asked confused but her father seems to be annoyed.

“Michael, you put the baby in her, you should take care of them, I give you three weeks to come with your people to see me. I need to take my daughter home to rest. We will talk some more later.” The man said patting his shoulder and walking away.

Michael did not know what to do with himself, a part of him seem to be happy, he used to fantasize about them being a couple but never in his life did he think it will happen this way. Rachael is every man’s dream woman but she was so not the best person to be with now. Leah had totally refused to talk to him, she claimed she has forgiven him. He wondered why things just refused to work, they had cancelled several trips to go see her parent. He spoke to them over the phone severally, he knew the parent wanted her home but Leah could be adamant. He had a feeling she was hiding a lot of things but then Leah turned a new leaf, she became lovely and so caring, just when he thought they were making progress, Rachael came with the talk of being pregnant and everything was now a total mess. Where would a marriage put them now, he hoped her father was not serious but what will they do now that the church council think it is the best thing to do. They all thought this was a shortcut to get one of the best ladies in the church but God knows they are wrong? How will he proof that now?

LESSON
Don’t do today what you will regret tomorrow.
It’s Valentine, spread love not body fluids. God is love!!! Happy Valentine's Day people. I love you all.

Radiant Pheobe © 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment