Saturday 25 February 2017

IMPERFECT ME 20

Episode 20

Hello readers, we have come to the climax of this story and I believe every episode holds an experience. I have had several offers from people who wants the whole book, well it is almost ready for sale, the series will soon be interrupted, I mean stopped so that those who would be buying would have an upper hand, in that regard the other episodes will not be readily available. The first set of buyers will buy at a discounted price, it is cheaper that you can imagine but don't underestimate the value we are giving.
If you are interested in getting the whole book, please contact me on 07032725371 for more details. Thank you very much for the patronage,  I am always at your service. God bless you.

Now enjoy today's episode....

Rachael woke up feeling strange, her hand went straight to her stomach and she knew something was not right.
“No!!! Jesus! Please, no, where is my baby?” She cried and she felt a hand try to hold her down, she pushed it away but as she tried to sit up, the pains weakened her and her muscles went rigid.
Tears flowed freely as she tried to recall how she had gotten to the hospital. She looked through her tears and saw her mum looking so rough as she kept calling the doctor and nurses who quickly ran into the room.
“Where is my baby, I want my baby. Mummy please bring my baby let me see.”
“Rachael, please just calm down okay, I am just so happy you are finally awake, you have been sleeping for two days now, Rachael baby, are you okay now?” Her mum asked her trying to calm her down.
“Mummy tell me my baby is fine” She said and her lips quivered and well the look on her mother’s face confirmed her fears.
“No!!! Mummy Michael won’t want me again, my baby can’t die please, that was all he cared about, has he left me? Why is he not here?” She asked panicky.
“Rachael please calm down for God’s sake. Your husband has not left you, he was with you all night, I had to beg him to get some rest, he left a while ago before you woke up.” Her mother explained hoping that will calm her down.
“No, I don’t believe you, no!!!” She remembered flashes of how he dragged her out of his room like a thief, she shut her eyes tight as anger brewed on her inside. She knew their marriage had nothing to hold on to, she did not know how their life will turn out but she did know for sure that Michael will not be given the pleasure to treat her like trash, the worse that could happen was for her to leave his house and remain single, she did not need a man’s compassion, from experience, men don’t really have it. Her father turned his back on her and forced her to marry, the husband too had his own share of frustrating her but she will not let another man ride her anymore. She will pick up her life and be happy.
Michael eased the door open, he was hoping she had woken up finally and yes, she was awake. He released his breath and walked towards her but she turned her face away.
“Rachael, how are you feeling now? Am so glad you are awake.” He said but she did not acknowledge him.
“Rachael your husband is talking to you?  Can’t you reply him?” Her mother scolded.
She turned her head slightly and turned back to face the wall.
He tried to hold her but she removed her hand so fast that you will think she was burnt by fire. Michael knew he deserved it but the pain of rejection is something he can’t bear.
“Rachael please forgive me, I know I have not been the best husband to you but please believe me, I am ready to start over and…Why Michael! Do you think I am that pathetic, why now, why are you not asking about your baby now since that was all that mattered to you hmm!” Her lips quivered as she talked.
“I am sorry, you matter to me, you really do.” He said desperately.
“You know what, I don’t even want to see your face now, I…I, Michael I hate you, just go away please.” She cried.
“Rachael stop it this minute, how can you say that huh!” Her mum asked feeling shocked and embarrassed.
“Mummy it’s okay, I deserve worse. I know I have hurt her deeply but Rachael I love you and I will proof it to you, just get well please.” He said sniffing and brushing the tears away from his eyes.
Rachael had to force herself to remain still when he said he loves her, she had waited so long to hear him say it but now that it’s said, she did not believe him.
“Rachael you should apologize to your husband this minute.” Her mother commanded.
“No mum, he is just pretending because you are here, I don’t believe him…he reached out to touch her. Don’t touch me.” She said with gritted teeth.
Michael felt so useless sitting down there and having her behave that way. He was grieved but wondered how he would survive if she does not change. How do I show her love and care if she does not even believe it’s for real huh?
“Mummy please excuse me.” He said and stepped out of her room.
“Rachael I hope you know what you are doing, no matter what he has done, I believe you were not always nice to him too, you don’t need this now, you both need to put the past behind and focus on your glorious future.” Her mum advised.
“Mummy please help me with the water on the table I am thirsty.”
“Jesus! What do I do to this girl, you mean that’s all you have to say, I should give you water you are thirsty. I wonder why we are still here, you seem to be feeling very strong, at least strong enough to talk to your husband anyhow. And to dismiss what I said like it does not matter.” Her mum answered angrily while getting the water for her to drink.
“Mummy I..I.” She tried to talk but tears blurred her vision and she swallowed hard and sniffed, her head was throbbing from crying too much.
“I am sorry baby, just rest okay, let’s not talk about it anymore okay?” Her mum said trying to appease her but she knew that it will take the grace of God to save her daughter's marriage

Lesson
Never let anger get the better part of you.

Radiant Pheobe © 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment