Thursday 2 February 2017

IMPERFECT ME 2

Leah looked outside the window as he drove. She was lost in thoughts as she considered her plight. She had told him she was not a novice, at least he would not think she had lived a saintly life all the way and expect her to be a virgin, but then she would want to take things slow; she was not ready to allow another “church brother” have his way with her.
She knew this one is different, he is in his pastor’s school and well he thinks I will make a perfect pastor’s wife but how do I start telling him I am not what he thinks I am, I am far from the woman he perceives me to be, I know the right act to put up to be considered a good and godly lady. He had even told me my past does not matter, would he really be saying that if he knew what was in that past?
She adjusted slightly in her sit and thought about the main problem at the moment . RACHAEL! she is a threat to this relationship, though I tried to find faults, the girl is relentless, ever loving and smiling plus she has the voice that brings down angels, what normal guy would not fall for her especially seeing that she will make a better wife to Michael. She sighed. Probably God has heard my prayers for mercy and has given me one of the best, why would I let him slip out of my hand? She thought looking sideways as he drove. My secrets stays with me, if he loves me as he claims, he will love the baggage I come with. She thought decisively.
“Leah! Are you okay?” He asked for the third time and she shook back to consciousness.
“Oh! Sure I am fine, just a bit tired.” She lied but how much longer will this lie continue?
“Okay, you seemed absent - minded but let me take you home, I need to see some people later in the evening, and I will be going with Luke to see Rachael’s dad for…”
“You know what, I don’t need details just take me home now.” Leah said annoyed.
“Like seriously? But what have I said wrong again?” He asked confused.
“Nothing,  just take me home please.” She said looking outside the mirror.
“What then were you both laughing about, how come you acted like you guys are best friends but you keep nagging me about her when she is not around. Are you jealous of her or what because if you are I would be disappointed, that lady says nothing ill about you. She accepted you like a sister in-law, what then is the problem?” He asked angrily.
“Hey please don’t raise your voice at me, how else do you want me to act with her when she never gives someone an opportunity to be mad at her, she is so sweet and more than one person has said how they wish you were with her not me, those church people are just ungrateful, I have served faithfully and still they don’t like me, everybody sings her praise, it’s Rachael this or that and she seem to be everywhere, in the drama she is good, in bible studies oh! She is wonderful and hey! She sings too but I am good at all those except maybe in the singing so why don’t they love me like they love her?  it’s so annoying.” Leah burst out ignoring the shock on Michael’s face.
“Woman who are you exactly?” He asked perplexed.
“Oh please you know me, let’s just go please, I think I am having slight head ache.” She said rubbing her temple.
Michael put his anger in check, he would not want people finding out how mad he gets when angry and oh Lord help him, he was really mad at Leah right now, to think that he thought so highly of her was alarming, to think she only wanted to be noticed was a shock to him, Rachael does not do those things for the notification. That’s just who she is.
He drove off and refused to say a word to her throughout though she had started to apologize when she noticed her outburst didn’t go down well with him, he did not want her thinking he was taking Rachael’s side but that part of him that was fond of her, that part of him that knew she did not deserve to be talked about wrongly was angry. He had been asking the Lord to help him with anger issues and well if it were some two years back, Leah might be trekking home or trying to catch a cab after he finish blasting her with words but he has come a long way and would not allow her ruin this beautiful Sunday.
“Leah please just come down, I told you I had other appointments.” He said coldly as he parked in front of her gate waiting for her to highlight.
“I am so sorry, I know I talked foolishly and allowed myself to be carried away by jealousy but please forgive me. I will not question your love for me again I promise, I just can’t afford to lose you.” She said as two drops of tears ran down her smooth face.
Michael hated to see her cry and she knew it. “Will you please stop crying?”
“But I said I am sorry…” She sobbed.
“Oh Leah it’s okay. Please stop crying, I can’t stand it when you cry.’ He said putting his hand on her shoulder as she wiped the tears with the back of her hand.
“I really need to get going now, I will call you later so we can talk just promise me you will not cry again.” He said though he was still angry at her, she had softened him up but that does not erase the fact that he still has a lot of thinking to do about if Leah was really the one or not because of all mistakes to be made, he could not afford to make a mistake in Marriage, if she is not the one for him, how would he tell her off?
Question of the day
Where do a lady draw the line between hatred and jealousy?
Is it okay to have a rethink about getting married to someone because you noticed a character flaw?
Let’s discuss…
More episodes coming your way. Have a nice day
Radiant Pheobe © 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment