Tuesday 7 February 2017

IMPERFECT ME 5

Episode 5
Michael went out with his colleague to eat lunch, they were discussing about work when the subject changed after he received a call from Leah, another annoying call mind you.
“So that was your fiancée right?”
“Yes, can we just eat and forget about the call.” He begged.
“Okay, fine. It’s just that I am still baffled that you left that sweet girl for this one, I am not saying she is bad but guy, you are definitely not happy. I know you love your Leah so much but you don’t seem to have the contentment you had with Rachael.” He observed.
“Tunde what do you mean by that?” he asked feeling defensive. “And you all should stop getting the wrong ideas, Rachael was and is still just a friend, well it may sound unrealistic but the two women have their place in my heart and Rachael understands why won’t you all understand too.” 
“Just friends indeed, you guys were happy together, before Leah became official, Rachael was always there for you at office events where everyone came with a date and of course because you are very Christian, you would not want to come with a random lady and she was loved by all. That your Leah is quite rude and saucy, it’s like she thinks she owns you and it’s annoying. Guy I am not sure you heard well this time, you should go back and pray.” Tunde said without a sense of apology.
“You know what let’s just assume this conversation never happened. I love Leah and I will marry her.”
“Okay, fine but I still think…Tunde lunch is almost over, let’s go.” He said trying to hide his agitation.
“but I have not finished my food.” He complained.
“If you had continued eating instead of bothering over my love life you would be done by now. I am leaving here in five minutes so hurry up.”
“Man you harsh o, thank God you know God, it would have been worse.” Tunde teased.
“I guess I have to leave now since…Hey common chill now, let me just finish my meat, that’s the best part of the food you know?” He said picking up the lap of the chicken that was served to him and gave it a deep bite then smiled in satisfaction at the provoked Michael.   
Michael could not get his mind off what his friend said and many others have stylishly pointed it out. He knows he has a soft spot for Rachael but it won’t be right to be courting someone and thinking about another. He preaches against it but if only he had not tried to proof a stupid point to himself, if only he had not allowed Leah talk him into proposing, if only he had really listened to be sure it was God leading him into this. Now he was confused and does not want to hurt Leah, she has been through a lot already in relationships though he feels there is more than she was letting on, he plans to find out some things when he goes to see her family that’s if he goes eventually.
“Michael!!! Let’s go am through.” Tunde tapped him wondering what he was thinking about so deeply.
“Oh okay.” He jerked back to consciousness.
“Is everything alright?”
“Yeah sure, all is well. Let’s go, we are running late already.” He said picking up his car keys.
Tunde did not press on the issue, he knew once Michael says it is well, there is a lot that needs to be well. Michael is too good for that lady, Lord please open his eyes to see it before it’s too late.
They drove in silence to the office and when they got to the last turn Michael broke the ice. “I am sorry for talking that way earlier, I can’t say  I am confident about anything right now but Rachael is so good that even if I want to start talking love right now, she would decline, she is not the type and you know Leah is not a soft meat to chew, I don’t want to stress the poor girl but I appreciate your concern, I guess I will have to figure it out soon.” He said pulling into the parking space outside the office building so he would just drive off quickly after settling the remaining table work he has for the day.
“I bet you will and please do it fast before it’s too late.” Tunde said and stepped out of the car. Michael hesitated a bit before he opened his door.
In reality he had no plans or idea on how to figure it out, only if his life was like a movie, he would fast forward it to the end and see how everything plays out but now OYO is his case.

QUESTION

Is there something like “This person is too good for you? When it comes to relationship?

Stay glued for the next episode and share with friends.

Radiant Pheobe © 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment