Tuesday 31 May 2016

You Shall Greatly Increase!

Increase, a word so common but in this world,
It is a very scarce phenomenon.
You shall greatly increase is shouted and prophesied everyday
Yet it seem to the world that it’s a mere child’s play.
Be fruitful and multiply says the Lord but all you see is leanness and dryness
The barren woman gnashes her teeth in agony awaiting the day she will give suck to her own child
The business men look around with long faces as the profits keeps abating
The world is decaying as poverty has held it down with a firm grip.
Then I ask “Is there no balm in Gilead?” Where is the help for the daughter of Zion.
Is the Lord’s hand too short that it cannot save nor his ear too heavy that it cannot hear? But lo! Your iniquities, your selfishness, your pride has blinded you to the abundance that awaits you.
Here is the good news “If my people who are called by my name shall humble themselves and pray…yes, let them seek my face and turn from their wicked ways and see if I will not open the windows of heaven and pour down my blessings.”
I was elated and then my word came, the word that set me free, the word that watered my dry ground and brought beauty for my ashes, the word that turned shame to glory, the word that the world saw and said “Indeed, you serve a living God” that word is here today and I can hear the Lord say this “You shall greatly increase.” Amen!
Radiant Pheobe@ 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment