Sunday 8 November 2015

Make Hay While the Sun Shines.

Yesterday,I crept into this world,so fragile and innocent ,
Being fed and having all I should,
Slowly and steadily, I grew into a teenager,
Having friends and family at my beck and call.

Growing up as a pampered child,took the best of me,
Making me see no value i n friends,
Spent money unwisely and had no regard for elders,
Neither respecting nor tolerating.

"I've got the world in my hands",I'd say to myself,
"I've got money and can rule all,
Never realizing how worthwhile friends were,
Nor how important family was.

Now I'm wrinkled and grey,
Used to have all the friends,but,where went they?
My days are lonely and sad.
Had the best of girls, but ended up with my enemy.

If I could go back in time,I'll live a better life .
I don't wish you end up like me,
So I advice you keep friends and respect family,
Make hay while the sun shines.
Written by : Gift Simeon © 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment